When you are looking to rent a property we understand what a time consuming exercise this can be, and we therefore feel it’s vital to ensure we don’t waste your time.
We will discuss in detail your requirements and only show you the properties that we feel will suit your criteria.
In these busy times, we realise that it isn’t always possible for you to view properties during our normal working hours, and we are therefore flexible, carrying out evening and weekend viewings.
Once you have found a suitable property and we have agreed the terms of the tenancy, we will request a holding deposit which will reserve the property for you whilst we carry out the necessary reference checks. This is non-refundable, unless the Landlord pulls out of the deal.
We use an independent reference company who will deal with you directly and report back to us when the checks have been completed.
We will then be in a position to draw the up the Tenancy Agreement. We keep in close contact with you during the process from finding the property to moving in, and are happy to give you as much help, advice and support as needed.
We look forward to being able to help you find a property soon.
“You are by a country mile the best lettings agent I have dealt with in my 10 years of renting”
Mr K MacKenzie
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to LP Lettings Ltd)
- Holding Deposit which will be equivalent to 1 weeks’ rent. This will be deducted from the security deposit, unless you fail referencing or pull out of the tenancy, in which case it will not be refunded.
- Security Deposit which will be equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent.
During the tenancy (payable to LP Lettings Ltd)
- Payment of £60 including VAT if you want to change the Tenancy Agreement.
- Payment of £60 including VAT for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices.
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – Gas, Electricity & Water
- Communications – Telephone & Broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television Licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
LP Lettings are a member of Client Money Protect which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme.